Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our Dubai Anniversary!

One year ago today we began our adventure to Dubai. I remember it like it was yesterday but yet it seems to long ago. We left our empty Detroit home and walked a nearby restaurant, had lunch, walked home and then got a ride to the airport from our friend, Jackie. At the airport we lugged our excessive luggage (well, Chris lugged I was 7 1/2 months pregnant!) to the ticket counter and then headed the gate. We gave our parents one last "local phone call" and boarded the plane. I remember sitting on the airplane crying...mostly out of sadness but also out of excitement of the unknown. Many, many hours later we landed in Dubai to begin our "desert adventure". Although we both miss home like crazy it has been a wonderful and life changing year! We look forward to what the next year brings!

I started this blog at the recommendation of my Aunt. She and my Uncle lived overseas for a number of years with the Air Force. She recommended that I keep some kind of diary, just to document our time abroad. I loved the idea and loved the idea of being able to share our adventures with friends and family. And with that the blog was started. I use it mostly to share Savannah's growth...in some way I guess I hope it makes us seem not so far away. Now, I think I use the blog just as much for me as for those who are still reading it a year later. I plan on using a blog/book printing website to turn our blog into a printed book. This way years down the line we can look back at our experience and prove to Savannah that she did cool stuff in her first few years. I think I will make a book for each year...so here is to year number two (and book 2) and the adventures that it brings!





No comments:

Post a Comment