Friday, October 14, 2011

Marathon Training




Today was my "official" first long run in my marathon training program. The Dubai Marathon is Friday, January 27th so this week was week one of sixteen in training. I am using a training program that the marathon provided which indicates the number of minutes you should run each day versus the number of miles. Hopefully, this will still leave me prepared for the 26.2 miles on race day. I have talked to a running club here and they thought it would be okay and agreed that it will be much easier to follow given that GPS devices don't work where I am doing most of my running and with the crazy roads it is much easier than trying to clock how many miles (or kilometers) I am running. Today was an 80 minute run so roughly 8 miles. It was quite warm this morning so I will look forward to long runs when it isn't 90 degrees first thing in the morning. The picture of the water and buildings I took on my run this morning. I ran on the west crescent of Palm Jumeriah. This was taken on top of a little bridge overlooking the Gulf and into the city. It was beautiful! Chris and Savannah joined me on my run earlier in the week. While I ran they hung out and watched the boats (or yachts) or by!

No comments:

Post a Comment