Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chris Starts Work

Chris started work this week. The work week here is Sunday-Thursday, so another adjustment to get used to. We have also discovered that on Fridays (the Muslim Holy Day) many stores and restaurants are either closed or open late in the afternoon. Chris is enjoying work and is learning a lot about how business is run in the middle east. I am sure there is lots for him to learn in this new role as well as lots of knowledge for him to share.

Since I am on my own now during the day I have reached out to the American Women's Association. Through this group, I was connected with a woman who invited me to lunch with some women from the Australian and New Zealand Association. We had lunch at the Shangri-La Hotel. I also rode the metro train (by myself!) to the Mall of Emirates. I am enjoying that you have to go to a mall for everything! There is fantastic shopping in Dubai! Every time I go for something we actually need, Chris looks around the hotel room for any extra shopping bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment