Friday, July 23, 2010

Dinner at the Atlantis Hotel



It is the weekend and we have decided that we need to take advantage of our time before Baby Girl" arrives. So tonight we went to dinner at the Atlantis Hotel's Kaleidoscope restaurant. When Chris made the reservation, the restaurant asked if we had any food allergies. He kindly told them that I was lactose intolerant. They said they would make a note in our file. When we arrived at the restaurant (which is a buffet) a chef (with the tall hat and everything) gave me a personal tour of each buffet station and informed me of what I could and could not eat. He then proceeded to tell me that he would make me a bunch of stuff (all cheese, butter and cream omitted) and bring it out to me. I think he brought out food personally prepared for me from each station at the buffet. There were about 5 different courses starting with salad and ending with sorbet! Good thing I am eating for two and Chris was hungry!

The Atlantis Hotel is very similar to the Atlantis in the Bahamas. It is located out on the Palm. The Palm is a man-made island that doubles the length of Dubai's coastline. It is in the shape of a palm tree and considered the "eighth wonder of the world". The island is connected to the mainland by a bridge and the top crescent (where the Atlantis is located) is connected by an underwater tunnel.

(The picture on the left is of the "cookie tower" at the dessert station...although they were not chocolate chip Chris loved the idea! The picture on the right is of us outside the hotel (and 34 1/2 weeks pregnant)).

No comments:

Post a Comment