Friday, August 27, 2010

Two Weeks Old


This afternoon, Savannah and Chris hung out so that I could go get my haircut. This would have been a lot easier if Savannah hadn't been screaming when I left, I wasn't running late because she decided she wanted to eat a lot and if the first taxi driver had known where to go. Somehow, I made the appointment and made it home just in time to feed her again (although she was crying again so I might have been a few minutes late.)

Tonight, we tested out the Baby Bjorn carrier at the Mall of Emirates. Savannah got lots of compliments and smiles from other shoppers! She did great in her "new mode of transportation" until... it was time to eat again. (Although, the Baby Bjorn worked great, it will be wonderful to have our stroller!) We decided to make a quick bee line out of the mall and head back to the hotel before there was a complete melt down. I am quickly learning that she now runs the show. Of course it was timed just right that we had already bought her a new dress but didn't have time to look at anything for me! (I am sure Chris was secretly thrilled with this.)

On another note, my Visa came this week so Chris and I are both "official". Now we have to start the process for Savannah. We have her birth certificate in both Arabic and English and now have to file paperwork with the US Consulate to get her Certificate of Birth Aboard, passport, visa and social security number. We attempted to have her passport photos taken tonight, but she wouldn't wake up and her eyes have to be open for the picture. I can also now apply for my driver's license...but Chris first has to write a letter giving me permission to do so!?

I can't believe that Savannah is already two weeks old! We are both loving every minute with her...even when it is at 3:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment