Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Busy Week!

What a busy week we have had!

Savannah and I have both been back to the doctor. Everyone is doing great. I am still a little sore but my incision is healing well and I should be back to 100% in a few more weeks. Savannah is also doing great. She now weighs about 6.8 pounds so she has regained the weight she lost after birth plus some. She has also grown a little, measuring just under 21 inches. She is in the 50th percentile for height and the 25th percentile for weight so she continues to be our little peanut...although it looks like she may get her height from the Doyle genes, not the Sparks genes!

This week Savannah also had her passport picture taken. That was an interesting experience. Luckily, I had on a white shirt so they were able to use me as her background. But two of the requirements for passport photos is that your head has to be straight and your eyes have to be open. These are two challenging tasks for a 19 day old infant! I think passports are good for 10 years, so I am sure she will love the picture as she gets older!

While we were at the mall getting passport photos taken, I complete my eye test so that I can work on getting a driver's license. (Yes, you have to go to the mall for both of these tasks as well!). Now all I have to do is get a letter of permission from Chris and go to the correct office to complete the process.

Monday night we went to the car dealership and started the process to get our own car. Chris and I are both tired of taxis and are looking forward to having our own mode of transportation although we are both a little worried about the road system and and finding our way anywhere. We aren't even sure a GPS system will help, since there are no street addresses!) Chris is also anxious to give Savannah a "ride in a proper American car" (all of the cabs here are Toyotas).

It also looks like we may be able to move to our apartment this weekend. Our "stuff" has arrived in port and looks like it will have cleared customs in next few days. We are hoping we can take delivery on it Thursday afternoon and will officially check out of the hotel this weekend, but we will see if everything goes according to plan.

It is hard to believe that today is my actual "due date" and we have already been blessed with Savannah for the last three weeks! She is amazing...even when it is 3 am.


No comments:

Post a Comment