Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas in Dubai 2010



This is the first year that Chris and I have not spent the holidays in St. Louis so it was definitely different and again reminded us how far away we actually are. It was also Savannah's first Christmas so it was great to spend Christmas as our new family!

On Christmas Eve, Chris and Savannah went on their first solo outing to do a little Christmas shopping while I spent a little time at the pool. We also went to a light show and dinner at Wafi Mall. Savannah slept the entire time so it was almost like a "date night". When my parents were here my mom gave Savannah a recorded book of "The Night Before Christmas", so as a new tradition she "read" this book when we got home.
(Savannah is wearing the red plaid dress.)

Christmas morning we were able to "skype" into Chris' Grandma's for their Christmas Eve festivities. We also skyped with my parents when they returned home from their Christmas Eve church services. (The 10 hour time difference finally has a benefit!) We then celebrated the day by going to brunch at the Atlantis. Savannah met Santa for the first time while we were eating and as you can see in the picture she wasn't so sure about him! We came home and skyped with my parents, sister and brother-in-law's Christmas morning. We were able to share a few laughs and open gifts together. We also skyped with my aunt, uncle and Nana in Florida and into Chris' mom's Christmas morning and with his Dad to again open gifts together and most importantly let everyone talk to Savannah. (Savannah is wearing the red dress with her initials.)

Savannah got many great gifts. Chris and I gave her a jumperoo. I think she enjoys having a new toy to play with although isn't quite sure what to do with it. I also got a new camera so watch for more pictures to come (I email lots of pictures to our family at home so my dad sent the camera...with the hint that I would continue to send lots of pictures!).

Although, we miss our family and friends tremendously we had a good day celebrating Christmas as the three of us. We tend to skype a lot since we moved here and are very thankful for the technology that enables us to stay in touch with our families.

This holiday season are reminded how blessed we are to have a happy and healthy family. Merry Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment