Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Halls



Last week we got our Christmas tree up. I believe our tree falls into the "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" category.
In the rush of packing last July, I conveniently left all of our Christmas decorations, stockings and all in storage back in Detroit! Our new stockings have arrived and have been hung with care and our sparse little tree is the only reminder that it is the holiday season. The weather is still sunny and 85 degrees and the malls have minimal Christmas themed displays so it is easy to forget that it is already December. The Christmas tree we purchased came with lights to string on it. I like extra lights on my tree so bought an extra strand.... conveniently the lights that came with the tree don't work and there are no more lights to be found in Dubai (remember it is only December 6th!) Another US expat once told me that if you see something here you want (especially seasonal items) you better buy it when you first see it--now I know why!

I have started Christmas shopping, thank goodness for free shipping and gift wrap!
Cheers to the holiday season and wishing we were celebrating with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment