Friday, June 24, 2011

And We're Off...




Savannah and I are back in Dubai! We were so happy to see Chris! Three weeks has been a long time for us to all be apart. Yesterday, we spent the morning packing (all of my stuff did not fit in the suitcase so it was a very time consuming project). Then we headed to the airport. Mom and Dad took us and came to the ticket counter with me. When the super-kind ticket agent realized Savannah and I were traveling alone she offered my mom and dad a gate pass. This was awesome and enabled them to go through security with us and sit at the gate with us until we boarded the plane. This is an amazing courtesy that the airlines don't publicize but do offer. Great to know for future trips (and for the next time my Nana is traveling!).

Savannah was great. We flew from St. Louis to Atlanta and she slept most of the hour long flight. Other passengers even complimented her (this certainly did not happen on our previous flights)! When we got to Atlanta, the layover seemed very rushed, I hurried to feed her and get her diaper changed to then only be delayed. From Atlanta we flew straight to Dubai. Savannah of course cried a little throughout the 14-hour flight but she did remarkably well...although no compliments from the other passengers. It was great to finally land and to see Chris but also a good feeling to know that I am truly capable of traveling with Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment