Thursday, February 2, 2012

Children's City











































































The biggest success of today is that I didn't get lost! This afternoon we went to Children's City on the Dubai Creekside. I typically do not drive to the creek part of the city because it is more confusing than the rest of Dubai and I am just not as familiar with the area so it really easy to get turned around. My sense of direction isn't great to begin with but in that part of the city it is zero. After spending last night studying a map, and a little bit of luck today we found it!

Children's City is a hands-on museum, with education zones such as; discovery space, physical science, computer and communication gallery, the way we live and a nature center. There is also a toddler room filled with indoor slides, tunnels and a huge ball pit. It reminded my mom and I of the Magic House in St. Louis, only not as good. Many of the exhibits didn't work so there wasn't much to do in some of the zones. Savannah is also probably just a little to young and couldn't reach a lot of the handles and buttons. Regardless, I think the highlights of Savannah's day was the indoor slides, the huge phone and the balloon Nana bought her on the way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment