Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oops!


Since my mom found the error in Savannah's English birth certificate we had to go back and retrace a few of our steps.

This morning my mom, dad, Savannah and I headed to the Ministry of Health to either have them make the correction or give us a new English birth certificate. Interesting to note that when I called to find out the hours they were open, the man on the phone told me that the translators make mistakes on purpose to make us pay more money! Not the most comforting but what are we going to do?! The Ministry of Health is located in Old Dubai in a government hospital...which means not even close to the type of private hospital we delivered Savannah in. Chaos and unorganized do not even begin to describe the environment. My mom and dad claimed it was interesting and a great way to see the "non-tourist" areas of Dubai, but it is not exactly what I meant when I said they should get out and sight see! After receiving our new (and correct) birth certificate we took a cab to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get her birth certificate stamped but of course when we arrived it was already closed (evidently they close at noon and we arrived at 12:10). Guess we will try again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment