Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Broken in Three Places...

I went to the Orthopedic surgeon today. Unfortunately, he confirmed that my shoulder is indeed broken...not just in one place but in three. He took one look at the x-ray and said "oooo, you did a number on this one"...these are never encouraging words to hear.

He is also concerned that there my be some bone displacement and rotator cuff damage, which would all have to be fixed surgically. I am scheduled to go back in a few days for a CT scan to see how bad it looks on the inside. Although it is still broken and pretty painful, I am supposed to start weaning myself out of the sling, because it is causing my shoulder and elbow to become incredibly stiff; which can cause more damage to the joints.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that it is just a bad break and will heal on its own with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment