Saturday, July 14, 2012

Florida Bound



Early this morning Savannah and I headed back to the airport, bound for Ormond Beach. It will be great to see my side of the family again but for devastating reasons. My Nana was an amazing woman and will be greatly missed.

Of course, I couldn't get Savannah and I on the same flight as my dad and sister so we took the first flight out, arriving in Daytona Beach a few hours before them. My brother-in-law has been working in Cleveland and was also on the early flight in. We actually were on the same flight from Atlanta to Daytona Beach. Since Savannah and I again had to run to our connection I was relived to find out that he was sitting directly behind us...he may not have been as excited since Savannah was already crying before take-off!

We arrived at my Aunt and Uncle's late morning with of course no luggage! Oddly  our luggage was on my dad and sister's flight...the one that we couldn't get on! Of course, I didn't think to pack Savannah's swim suit in my carry on bags and in classic style, our bags didn't arrive until 8:00 pm! My aunt and uncle have a beautiful pool right outside their back door. After stalling most of the day and trying to occupy Savannah with other activities, we finally gave in and let her go swimming with dad, in her dress! It didn't seem to bother her at all and was great exercise for strengthing her leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment