Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Saying Good-bye

Today was Nana's Memorial Service. Everything was done beautifully and I think Nana would have been happy. It was sweet to talk to her friends and hear how much she talked about her kids, grandkids and great-grandkids to them. It was also sweet to know that she touched so many people's lives with her kindness and love. She will definitely be missed by not only her family but her friends as well.

My Nana will always hold a special place in my heart. I already miss our phone calls every few days and feel like I have so much to tell her. Her notes of love and encouragement were priceless and her example of truly loving the man she married is a lesson to all. She may have been stubborn but if I can be half of the woman she was I will feel like I have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment