Wednesday, July 18, 2012

St. Louis Bound...again

This afternoon Savannah and I headed back to St. Louis. It is always difficult to leave Florida but this trip was especially hard. I have grown up going to Florida on a regular basis to visit my grandparents, it almost has a homey feeling. It will be different to go back to visit my aunt and uncle and not have my Nana or Gramps there. Savannah was lucky enough to meet her "Great Nana" (or as she referred to herself..."THE Great Nana") several times and I will continue to pass on her spirit, kindness and love. Savannah's middle name started 4 generations ago with my Nana and I will be sure to make sure that Savannah grows up knowing how much her Great Nana loved all three of us.

Today, we got to fly with my mom! She may not have been as excited as we were but I was grateful to have extra help and hands and Savannah took right to telling her where she should sit and disliked that our flight from Atlanta to St. Louis involved her sitting in the row behind us! Given that we again boarded a plane, only to be delayed and de-boarded, to re-boarded and close to running again Savannah did great. She even got ice cream from the flight attendant.

A huge thank-you to my Aunt Lynn and Uncle Jim! They yet again opened their hearts and home to all. I always have a wonderful time visiting them and this trip was no exception. Savannah and I can't wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment