Saturday, December 24, 2011

Home At Last & Christmas Eve






Chris and I got home from Austria early this morning. I was so antsy on the plane, I couldn't wait to get home, which of course meant we were delayed leaving Berlin. We finally made it home, exhausted after flying overnight but worth every minute. It is great to be back home with Savannah Mae! My parents also enjoyed their week with Savannah and she enjoyed going to the beach almost every day!

We went to the Atlantis for Christmas Eve dinner. Santa visited the tables, but as she (yes, you read that correctly!) detoured our table as Savannah started getting upset from a few feet away. Savannah feasted on watermelon, Arabic bread and hummus while the rest of us enjoyed lobster and international cuisines. (Not quite a traditional Christmas Eve dinner but delicious anyway.)

It is always hard to be away from family, especially on the holidays. This year we were truly blessed by getting to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with at least some of our family.

A huge thank you to my parents as well. Chris and I's first trip "away" would not have been possible without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment