Monday, December 19, 2011

Train Ride To Salzburg






















Today we took the train to Salzburg. The Bad Gastein train station is actually just a short walk up the mountain from our hotel so super convenient. The train definitely isn't the fastest way to travel but is super easy. You show up moments before the train, get on and get off at your stop. They serve food, you pick your own seats. We spent the three hours reading the Lonely Planet guide deciding what we wanted to do while in Salzburg and taking in the beautiful scenery. The train literally weaves through the mountains and small ski towns.

My shoulder was okay. I wore the sling throughout our trip, although had to switch winter coats with Chris so that I could zip a coat around my arm.

We have also been able to skype with Savannah and talk to my parents on the phone, which has been great. My mom has even agreed to extend her trip in Dubai, since I am going to need help taking care of Savannah when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment