Sunday, December 18, 2011

Skiing...Day One (and Only)












Today Chris and I headed out skiing. The weather was cold and the scenery was beautiful. Unfortunately, this is the one and only day that I went skiing. After a fun afternoon out, I fell. I had fallen throughout the day but this time I guess I fell just awkwardly enough that I ended up breaking my shoulder in three places. Instead of continuing our day on the slopes we took a taxi to the nearest emergency room and had x-rays taken instead. The emergency room fitted me with a very unfashionable sling and told me to have it x-rayed again in three weeks.

We actually sent a text to the doctor who delivered Savannah and asked him if he could recommend an orthopedic surgeon. He responded immediately, and instead of waiting three weeks, we will see the doctor in Dubai right after the holidays.

Of course this was our fist full day in Austria, so we had to rethink some of our plans. We will do a little more sight-seeing than skiing! But are still having a great time and making the most of our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment